Friday, 10 February 2012

2 Hour Elephant Cushion Tutorial

It's been nearly 2 weeks since I last posted something on this blog. I feel bad about it as I promised myself earlier on that I will at least post once a week. Well, it turned out that it's not as easy as I thought, and writing high quality posts takes time. 

School just started, and I have been flat out for the last week and a half preparing for my classes. For my year 9 textiles classes, I am asking my students to design and make a cushion using a combination of embellishment techniques, e.g. applique, embroidery etc. Last weekend, I decided to make a cushion myself. I had so much fun making it- arranging the design, playing around with the buttons and embroidering flowers. Making a cushion is an easy project but it's highly creative and it took no time to make one. In my tutorial below, I show the entire making process, you can simply follow the steps to make one of these cute little elephant cushions to brighten up your room; or you can let your creativity go free and design your own using the same techniques. Maybe one with a heart for Valentine's Day!

ps. you can now download my tutorial for free from Issuu

The Hyperlink in the doc won't work.
You can download the elephant image from Here


Annemie said...

Hello Connie,

Thank you for sharing the elephant cushion pattern. I downloaded it but I can't open the link for the elephant template once the file is downloaded. Do you have another link where I can download the elephant template?

Thank you!

Annemie :-)

Sally said...

Lovely elephant cushion. I just had a quick squiz at your tutorial and you've put a lot of effort into that. Thanks so much... I'll be adding this to my ever increasing list of things I'd love to make.

peppercon connie said...

Annemie: Thanks for pointing that out! I saved the doc in a different format to upload it, so the hyperlink no longer works, here is the link to the elephant image

peppercon connie said...

Thanks Sally! I hope we get more hours in a day so we all get more time to make stuff that are on our wish list :>